Looking for a healthier alternative to traditional beef burgers? Look no further than Butterball turkey burgers! Made from ground turkey meat, these frozen turkey burger patties contain fewer calories and less fat than ground beef. Not only are they a healthier option, but they’re also easy to cook on a stovetop in a non-stick skillet or on a grill. To ensure that your turkey burger patty is cooked thoroughly, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. Once cooked, serve your Butterball turkey burger on a bun with your favorite toppings and enjoy a delicious and nutritious meal.
Butterball is known for its high-quality poultry products, and their turkey burgers are no exception. While some may wonder what happened to Butterball turkey burgers or why they can’t find them in stores, rest assured that they are still available at many retailers nationwide. So if you’re looking for an easy and healthy meal option, give Butterball turkey burgers a try!
Nutritional Information and Calorie Count of Butterball Turkey Burgers
If you’re looking for a healthy and delicious alternative to beef burgers, Butterball turkey burgers are an excellent choice. Not only are they low in calories, but they’re also packed with protein and other essential nutrients.
One of the most significant benefits of Butterball turkey burgers is that they’re low in calories. A single serving contains just 240 calories, making them an easy way to keep track of your daily calorie intake. This is especially important if you’re trying to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight.
Compared to beef burgers, which can contain upwards of 300-500 calories per serving, Butterball turkey burgers are a much healthier option. They allow you to indulge in your burger cravings without sabotaging your diet.
Another benefit of Butterball turkey burgers is that they’re an excellent source of protein. Each serving contains a whopping 20 grams of protein, which is essential for building and repairing muscle tissue.
Protein also helps keep you feeling full for longer periods, reducing the likelihood that you’ll snack on unhealthy foods later in the day. This makes it easier to stick to your diet and achieve your health goals.
For those watching their sodium intake, Butterball turkey burgers have 370 milligrams of sodium per serving. While this may seem high compared to other foods like fruits and vegetables, it’s still a healthier option compared to other burger alternatives.
Beef burgers can contain up to 700 milligrams or more of sodium per serving, which can contribute to high blood pressure and other health problems over time. By choosing Butterball turkey burgers instead, you can enjoy all the flavor without all the added sodium.
In addition to being low in calories and high in protein, Butterball turkey burgers are also packed with other essential nutrients like iron and zinc. These minerals are essential for maintaining healthy immune function, promoting wound healing, and supporting overall health.
Butterball turkey burgers are also a good source of vitamin B6, which is necessary for proper brain function and the production of neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine. These chemicals play a significant role in regulating mood and reducing symptoms of anxiety and depression.
Comparison of Different Types of Turkey Burgers on the Market
Turkey burgers have become increasingly popular over the years, especially for those who are health-conscious or looking for a leaner alternative to beef burgers. There are different types of turkey burgers available in the market, and each has its own unique characteristics.
Not all turkey burgers are created equal. Here’s a comparison of the most common types:
- Butterball Turkey Burgers: Made with 93% lean ground turkey, Butterball turkey burgers are a great source of protein while being low in fat and calories. They also contain no artificial ingredients or preservatives.
- Jennie-O Turkey Burgers: Similar to Butterball turkey burgers, Jennie-O turkey burgers are made with 93% lean ground turkey but may contain some added ingredients like salt and natural flavorings.
- Frozen Turkey Burgers: Some frozen turkey burgers may contain fillers like breadcrumbs or soy protein concentrate to bulk up their size and texture. These fillers can add extra sodium and carbohydrates to your meal.
- Homemade Turkey Burgers: Making your own turkey burger allows you to control what goes into it. Using ground breast meat instead of dark meat can make your burger even leaner.
The taste of a turkey burger can vary depending on its fat content and any added seasonings or flavors. Here’s how different types compare:
- Butterball Turkey Burgers: Because they’re made with lean meat, Butterball turkey burgers have a mild flavor that pairs well with various toppings such as avocado spread or caramelized onions.
- Jennie-O Turkey Burgers: Like Butterball’s version, Jennie-O’s offering is also mild-tasting but may contain additional seasoning for extra flavor.
- Frozen Turkey Burgers: Some frozen turkey burgers may have a slightly rubbery texture and less flavor due to their added fillers. However, some brands offer options with added spices or herbs for more taste.
- Homemade Turkey Burgers: Making your own turkey burger allows you to season it to your liking. Adding garlic, onion powder, or Worcestershire sauce can give your burger an extra kick.
Cooking Time and Method
Cooking time and method can affect the juiciness and tenderness of a turkey burger. Here’s how different types compare:
- Butterball Turkey Burgers: To cook Butterball turkey burgers, preheat your grill or skillet over medium-high heat. Cook for 5-7 minutes per side until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Jennie-O Turkey Burgers: Jennie-O recommends cooking their turkey burgers on a grill or stovetop over medium heat for 5-6 minutes per side until fully cooked.
- Frozen Turkey Burgers: Follow the instructions on the package as cooking times may vary depending on the brand.
Benefits of Choosing Butterball Turkey Burgers for a Healthy Diet
Low in Fat and Calories
Butterball turkey burgers are an excellent choice for those looking to reduce their fat and calorie intake while still enjoying a delicious burger. Made from lean ground turkey, these burgers contain significantly less fat than traditional beef burgers. A 4-ounce serving of Butterball turkey burger contains only 170 calories and 8 grams of fat, compared to a beef burger that typically contains over 300 calories and 20 grams of fat.
Rich in Protein
Protein is essential for building and repairing muscles, as well as aiding in weight loss by keeping you feeling full for longer periods. Butterball turkey burgers are an excellent source of protein, with each patty containing around 22 grams. This high protein content makes them an ideal food choice for athletes or anyone looking to increase their protein intake.
Free from Antibiotics and Hormones
Butterball turkey burgers are free from antibiotics and hormones, making them a safe and natural source of protein. The use of antibiotics in animal farming has been linked to the development of antibiotic-resistant bacteria, which can be harmful to humans. By choosing Butterball turkey burgers, you can rest assured that you are consuming meat that is free from these potentially harmful substances.
Versatile Cooking Options
Butterball turkey burgers are incredibly versatile. You can grill them on the BBQ or cook them on the stovetop using a skillet or griddle. They can also be baked in the oven or cooked using an air fryer for a healthier option. They come in various flavors such as original, sweet onion, cheddar bacon ranch, garlic buttery steakhouse seasoning among others.
Turkey is generally cheaper than beef or other meats; thus choosing Butterball turkey burgers is not only healthy but also affordable. It’s especially beneficial for those on a budget who are looking to eat healthily and maintain a balanced diet.
Butterball turkey burgers are not only healthy but also delicious. They have a rich, meaty flavor that is sure to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters. With various flavors to choose from, you can experiment with different toppings and sauces to create your perfect burger.
Recipe Ideas for Cooking with Butterball Turkey Burgers
Versatile Turkey Burger Recipes
Butterball turkey burgers are not only a healthier alternative to beef burgers but also a versatile ingredient that can be used in various recipes. You can use them as the main ingredient or add them to your favorite dishes to give them a unique twist.
Here are some recipe ideas you can try out using Butterball turkey burgers:
- Turkey Burger Sliders: Make mini turkey burgers and serve them on slider buns with your favorite toppings, such as lettuce, tomato, pickles, and cheese.
- Taco Salad: Cook the turkey burger and add it to a salad bowl with mixed greens, avocado, corn, black beans, and salsa. Top it off with sour cream or guacamole.
- Stuffed Bell Peppers: Cut off the tops of bell peppers and remove the seeds. Stuff each pepper with cooked turkey burger meat mixed with rice and vegetables. Bake in the oven until tender.
- Spaghetti Bolognese: Use ground turkey burger instead of beef in your spaghetti sauce recipe for a healthier version of this classic dish.
- Turkey Chili: Cook the turkey burger meat with onions, garlic, chili powder, cumin, tomatoes, beans, and broth for a hearty chili that’s perfect for cold nights.
Date Featured Recipes Build
If you’re looking for something more adventurous than classic recipes featuring Butterball turkey burgers, try out these date featured recipes build:
- Greek Turkey Burgers: Mix ground turkey meat with feta cheese crumbles and chopped spinach. Serve on pita bread with tzatziki sauce.
- Thai Turkey Lettuce Wraps: Cook ground turkey meat with ginger, garlic soy sauce fish sauce honey lime juice red pepper flakes scallions water chestnuts cilantro mint leaves sesame oil salt pepper. Serve on lettuce leaves topped off peanuts or cashews.
- Mediterranean Turkey Meatballs: Mix ground turkey meat with breadcrumbs, egg, garlic, and herbs like parsley, oregano basil. Bake in the oven and serve with tzatziki sauce or hummus.
- Turkey Burger Salad: Cook the turkey burger meat and add it to a salad bowl with mixed greens, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, olives, feta cheese crumbles. Top it off with a lemon vinaigrette dressing.
- Turkey Burger Stir-Fry: Cook the turkey burger meat with stir-fry vegetables like bell peppers, onions carrots snow peas broccoli mushrooms ginger garlic soy sauce hoisin sauce sesame oil salt pepper. Serve over rice or noodles.
Tips for Grilling and Cooking Butterball Turkey Burgers
Quick and Easy Grilling
Grilling Butterball turkey burgers is a quick and easy way to enjoy a delicious meal. With just 5-6 minutes of cook time per side, you can have juicy and flavorful burgers in no time. To get started, preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
Use a Grill or Grill Pan
To achieve that delicious charred flavor, it’s best to use a grill or grill pan when cooking Butterball turkey burgers. The high heat will sear the outside of the burger while keeping the inside juicy and tender.
Room Temperature Matters
For best results, let your Butterball turkey burgers sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before grilling. This ensures even cooking throughout the burger and prevents it from being overcooked on the outside while still raw on the inside.
Butterball turkey burgers are versatile and can be seasoned with various herbs, spices, and sauces to suit your taste preferences. Here are some seasoning options you can try:
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- BBQ sauce
- Teriyaki sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
Cooking Methods Beyond Grilling
If you don’t have access to a grill or prefer other cooking methods, there are several ways to cook Butterball turkey burgers:
Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Place the patties on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 20-25 minutes until fully cooked.
Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C). Place the patties in the basket in a single layer without overcrowding them. Cook for 8 minutes on one side, then flip them over and cook for an additional 4 minutes until fully cooked.
How Long to Cook Butterball Turkey Burgers
The cook time for Butterball turkey burgers varies depending on the cooking method used. As a general rule, cook each side of the burger for 5-6 minutes on medium-high heat. Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the internal temperature of the burger reaches 165°F (74°C) before serving.
Serving Suggestions for Butterball Turkey Burgers
Pairing with Sides
Butterball turkey burgers are a versatile meal that can be paired with a variety of sides to create a complete and satisfying meal. Whether you’re looking for something healthy or indulgent, there’s an option for everyone.
For a healthy side, consider serving your turkey burger with fresh vegetables. A simple salad made from mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, and cucumbers is a refreshing complement to the savory flavor of the turkey burger. Roasted vegetables such as zucchini, bell peppers, and carrots are also an excellent choice and add an extra layer of texture to the dish.
If you’re in the mood for something more indulgent, try pairing your turkey burger with fries or onion rings. The crispy texture of these sides provides a satisfying contrast to the juicy turkey patty. Sweet potato fries are also an excellent option if you’re looking for something slightly healthier than traditional fries.
Experimenting with Condiments and Toppings
One of the best things about turkey burgers is their versatility. From classic ketchup and mustard to more adventurous options like avocado or pineapple salsa, there’s no shortage of delicious combinations to try.
For a classic burger experience, stick with traditional toppings like lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, ketchup, and mustard. If you’re feeling adventurous, experiment with different cheeses such as cheddar or pepper jack. Bacon is also an excellent addition if you want to take your burger up a notch.
If you’re looking for something lighter but still flavorful, consider adding some sliced avocado or guacamole on top of your turkey burger. Fresh herbs like basil or cilantro can also add a burst of flavor without adding too many calories.
For those who prefer spicy food, hot sauce is always a great choice. Sriracha adds both heat and sweetness while jalapeños can provide a satisfying crunch. If you’re feeling extra bold, try adding some ghost pepper sauce for an intense kick.
Incorporating Butterball Turkey Burgers into Your Healthy Lifestyle
Incorporating Butterball turkey burgers into your healthy lifestyle is a smart choice. With lower calorie count and fat content than traditional beef burgers, they are an excellent option for those looking to maintain a healthy diet without sacrificing flavor.
By choosing Butterball turkey burgers, you can enjoy the benefits of a protein-packed meal while still keeping your calorie intake in check. Plus, with various recipe ideas and cooking tips available, it’s easy to incorporate these delicious patties into your everyday meals.
So why not give them a try and see how they can fit into your healthy lifestyle?
Are Butterball turkey burgers gluten-free?
Yes, Butterball turkey burgers are gluten-free. They are made with all-natural ingredients and do not contain any added fillers or preservatives that may contain gluten.
Can I grill Butterball turkey burgers straight from the freezer?
Yes, you can grill Butterball turkey burgers straight from the freezer. However, it is recommended to thaw them first for even cooking.
How many calories does one Butterball turkey burger have?
One 1/3 lb. Butterball turkey burger has approximately 200 calories.
Are there any artificial ingredients in Butterball turkey burgers?
No, there are no artificial ingredients in Butterball turkey burgers. They are made with all-natural ingredients and do not contain any added fillers or preservatives.
What is the difference between regular ground turkey and Butterball ground turkey?
Butterball ground turkey contains only white meat while regular ground turkey may contain dark meat as well. This results in a leaner product with less fat content compared to regular ground turkey.
Can I substitute butter for oil when cooking my Butterball turkey burger?
Yes, you can substitute butter for oil when cooking your Butterball turkey burger. However, keep in mind that using butter will add more calories and fat to the dish.
How long do I need to cook Butterball turkey burgers?
Butterball turkey burgers should be cooked for approximately 5-7 minutes per side on a preheated grill or stovetop. The internal temperature should reach 165°F before consumption.
Are Butterball turkey burgers suitable for meal prep?
Yes, Butterball turkey burgers are suitable for meal prep. They can be cooked ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days or frozen for up to three months.